Click on the form below to print out your order form so you too can rock Maroon Monday’s with your own PTSA sponsored Charger Spirit Wear!
This year the JYMS PTSA is having another “Armchair Donation” fundraiser so that you, your friends and family can support your child’s school with ease right from your own chair at home!
Forms and all money should be turned in by Monday, November 20, 2017 so that we can ensure you get your Tax Donation Letter before the end of the calendar year. Please make all checks payable to JYMS PTSA.
Please click on the flyer below for all details and/or to print the form.
UNITED WAY Spirit Week
October 30 – November 3
Monday 10-30-17 Superhero Day
Pay $1.00 and Represent your favorite Superhero
Tuesday 10-31-17 Storybook Character Day
Pay $1.00 and dress up as a character from your favorite book
Wednesday 11-1-17 Pajama Day
Pay $1.00 and wear your favorite comfy pajamas for the day
Thursday 11-2-17 Decade Day
Pay $1.00 and dress in fashion from your favorite Decade (ex. 1960s hippie)
Friday 11-3-17 Spirit Hat Day
Pay $1.00 and wear a hat with your JYMS spirit wear!
All proceeds will be donated to the UNITED WAY to help make our community a better place to live!
6th grade students may pay near room 40
7th grade students may pay near room 35
8th grade students may pay near room 8
Mobile Unit students may pay in MU5
Click on the image above to take you directly to the GSA’s website with all of the necessary information and more!
How to Audition for GSA
- Audition Deadline: Applications must be into the GSA office no later than December 15, 2017
Students must audition for acceptance into The Governor’s School for the Arts. Auditions take place in January. All current 8th – 11th grade students are eligible to apply.
Students must complete an online application form before receiving an audition date. Students will be scheduled for auditions by the GSA office. You may also print the application and email, fax or snail mail it.
Once an audition date and time is assigned, students will be required to send in two (2) teacher recommendation forms and supplement forms that may be required from individual departments. These forms will be mailed with your audition date and time assignment. Please make sure your address is complete and correct on your application.
- Applicants are encouraged to dress professionally for the audition. In some cases, applicants may be invited to participate in a second round of auditions.
- It is very useful for all applicants to attend at least one GSA performance before auditions. It is great for an applicant to be able to discuss a recent performance they attended during their audition.
Other forms may be applicable – please read the specific guidelines for each department.
ALL forms must in be in the GSA office before an audition may be scheduled.
Questions? Contact: email@example.com or 757-451-4711 Frequently Asked Questions
The SCA is sponsoring a Halloween dance Friday, October 27 from 6:00 to 8:00 PM for John Yeates Middle School students only.
Snacks and drinks are free.
A photo booth is available for $2.
Wear your most “fangtastic” costume for a wickedly delicious prize. Sorry, no , masks, weapons, or look alike weapons or blood and gore are permitted.
Tickets are $4.99 and on sale now, but they are limited and go fast – see Mrs. Klein in room 35, Mrs. Miller in Room 40 or Mrs. Francisci in Room 8.
Scare you there for a dreadfully good time!
Please remember to scan our schools 18.104.22.168 for the Community Key tag each time you shop at Farm Fresh Food and Pharmacy®!
It will help our school earn points towards free classroom equipment, all donated by Farm Fresh!
Need a key tag? Contact Ms. Moyers or Ms. O’Leary in the Library.
Picture Day for JYMS is scheduled for Monday, November 6, 2017. Forms will be sent out the week prior to picture day. If you’d like to order your pictures online, you can do so by clicking here and using our Picture Day ID: VA147146Q0 .
- All students will be getting their picture taken on November 6th, as those pictures will be used in the yearbook and to make student ID cards.
- Students who want to order pictures must have completed order forms with confirmation number of payment or the payment itself at the time pictures are taken. These must be given to the photographer.
Retake / Make-up Picture Day is scheduled for Thursday, December 7, 2017. This day will be for:
- Students who missed getting their picture taken on November 6th
- Students who ordered packages and want to re-take them. The old pictures must be turned in to the photographer at that time.
- Students who want to order pictures for the first time. Completed order forms with confirmation number of payment or the payment itself must be given to the photographer at the time the picture is taken.
- Ordering information is not yet available. It will be posted when it is.
Picture Day Tips from Lifetouch
- Help your child pick out clothes and colors that look good on them. After all, your child is the star of the photo—not their shirt, so avoid slogans, logos, and big patterns. Small jewelry and accessories are fine but nothing too big or distracting.Make sure to check your flyer to see sample poses for your Picture Day. Some poses may show pants or skirts, so plan the complete outfit.
- Glasses are okay! Lifetouch photographers know all the tricks to reduce glare.
- Any hairstyle works for Picture Day. Schedule haircuts a few weeks ahead of time to allow hair to grow back a little, or you can go for a fresh-cut look.
- Keep kids relaxed and ready to be themselves. Smiles can look fake if they’re practiced ahead of time. Remember, smiles are like french fries—they’re better when they’re fresh.
- Don’t worry about “perfect”! That hair that always sticks up or a missing tooth shows your child just as they are right now—and you’ll enjoy looking back on that for years to come. On Picture Day, teachers and volunteers will help straighten collars and check posture. And, if you like, we have retouching options for scrapes and blemishes.
Make it ORANGE and make it end! What are your true colors when it comes to bullying? If you care about safe and supportive schools and communities make ORANGE your color on Unity Day. That’s the day everyone can come together – in schools, communities and online – and send one large ORANGE message of support, hope and unity to show that we are together against bullying and united for kindness, acceptance and inclusion.