Picture Day for JYMS is scheduled for Monday, November 6, 2017. Forms will be sent out the week prior to picture day. If you’d like to order your pictures online, you can do so by clicking here and using our Picture Day ID: VA147146Q0 .
- All students will be getting their picture taken on November 6th, as those pictures will be used in the yearbook and to make student ID cards.
- Students who want to order pictures must have completed order forms with confirmation number of payment or the payment itself at the time pictures are taken. These must be given to the photographer.
Retake / Make-up Picture Day is scheduled for Thursday, December 7, 2017. This day will be for:
- Students who missed getting their picture taken on November 6th
- Students who ordered packages and want to re-take them. The old pictures must be turned in to the photographer at that time.
- Students who want to order pictures for the first time. Completed order forms with confirmation number of payment or the payment itself must be given to the photographer at the time the picture is taken.
- Ordering information is not yet available. It will be posted when it is.
Picture Day Tips from Lifetouch
- Help your child pick out clothes and colors that look good on them. After all, your child is the star of the photo—not their shirt, so avoid slogans, logos, and big patterns. Small jewelry and accessories are fine but nothing too big or distracting.Make sure to check your flyer to see sample poses for your Picture Day. Some poses may show pants or skirts, so plan the complete outfit.
- Glasses are okay! Lifetouch photographers know all the tricks to reduce glare.
- Any hairstyle works for Picture Day. Schedule haircuts a few weeks ahead of time to allow hair to grow back a little, or you can go for a fresh-cut look.
- Keep kids relaxed and ready to be themselves. Smiles can look fake if they’re practiced ahead of time. Remember, smiles are like french fries—they’re better when they’re fresh.
- Don’t worry about “perfect”! That hair that always sticks up or a missing tooth shows your child just as they are right now—and you’ll enjoy looking back on that for years to come. On Picture Day, teachers and volunteers will help straighten collars and check posture. And, if you like, we have retouching options for scrapes and blemishes.